Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mama Mercedes



Mercedes is talking more and more everyday and is quite the little character. Beauty and humor who knows where she got it from? Christian and Mercedes have a ball taking care of baby Lincoln and I constantly have to watch her because she is always wanting to hold him and has tried to pick him up. Anyways I just had to jot down the funny thing she said tonight. I was about to nurse Lincoln, and he was screaming with impatience. Mercedes said "baby cry, sad?" I told her that he was mad because he was hungry. She then proceeded to pull up her shirt and said "I feed?" I had to laugh out loud, I told her no you can't and she replied with "I girl", well yes honey you are a girl but you can't feed the baby, thanks for your help though. Christian actually thought this was pretty funny and offered himself. I am sure daddy is going to love to hear about that. What a caring and thoughtful young lady I have. This isn't the first time she has wanted to nurse actually. It started when Lincoln was just a few weeks old and I sat down on the sofa to nurse. Mercedes climbed up right next to me, pulled her shirt up and shoved her doll under it, I asked her what she was doing and she said "feed baby mama." Obviously, what was I thinking?

2 comments:

Lula's daughter said...

So glad to finally catch up with your cute little family on your blog. You guys are doing an awesome job!!! Good luck with the new house!
Aunt Kim

About Us said...

What a cutie she is! What style she has, she must get it from her mama!