Thursday, November 6, 2008

Does This Make My Butt Look Big?

Well, kids say the darnedest things and my little man Christian is no exception. Last night as I was getting the kids ready for bed, Christian turns to me and says. "Mom, Mercedes has a little bum, I have a a big bum, and yours...yours is just FAT!" I couldn't believe my ears and quickly turn to him and asked "What did you just say?" Christian looked stunned and replied with "I... I said I Love you?" I wasn't very amused at the moment but found the humor in it later relaying it to Joe. Truth comes from the mouth of babes huh? On the flip side though, Sunday I was playing with Lincoln and Christian was watching. He put his hand on my arm and said "Mom you are such a good Mommy to Lincoln, I Love you." That's enough to melt my heart and make up for the fat comment. Christian is such a joy and constantly keeps us smiling and laughing.

2 comments:

erika said...

All I can say is remember when I asked Grandma at the swimming pool "is it gonna fit?" while she was inching her way into her swimsuit? Kids do say the darnest things! Christian is a good boy and doesn't know the difference between being bigger and fat and you are not fat! Of course you have a bigger booty than Mercedes! At least he showed his more sensitive side when he told you what a good Mom you are. You are the best mom and your kids are so lucky to have such a kind tentative patient mother. Keep up the good work! We are looking forward to seeing you all!

Maxmomma said...

I don't think your body and fat have ever met!

GREAT blog! I am so excited for you guys and the house! COngrats- it is gorgeous! Wow- I am so glad you didn't go for the older house you had rented in Sandy. This one is amazing! I'd love to see a pic of the front.

Huge congrats! We miss you guys!